When the sky above is blue and the sun is shining; when the breeze is blowing and the birds are chirping, you know it’s summer. Summer is a time in your life when you showcase your fresh food, cooked straight in front of your friends and family.
In every girls life; there’s a boy she’ll never forget and a summer where it all began. Summer has given me strength and inspiration to start blogging and another Summer is about to fly by…and I wanted to share my joys of summer with you… and would love to know about your summer… just jot them down as comments here…
Sometimes when it comes to BBQ vegetarians prefer to hold back from such get together. Meat is not the only star for BBQ…sometimes you get stuck what to offer you vegetarian friends on a BBQ day…
Vegetable Burgers, Sausages, Vegetables itself are among some choice you can offer your Vegetarian friends.
Preparing Chicken Legs for BBQ:
- Chicken Legs (skin removed) – 2 kg
- Ginger/Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri Chili Powder – 4 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Dried Fenugreek(Methi) Leaves(Powdered) – 1 tbsp
- Dried Mint Leaves – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 4 tbsp or Yoghurt – 25 ml
- Salt – to taste
Mix the powders in Lemon Juice or Yoghurt. Now rub the Masala on the Chicken Legs. Cover with a aluminium foil and marinate for 4 hours in fridge.
And it is ready for BBQ.
Click here to read the skewered Prawn recipe.
Tips for Vegetable BBQ:
1. Keep them evenly sized
2. Season generously
3. Do not take your eye away from Vegetables
4. Serve Vegetables before you serve Meat
5. Turn your Meat and Vegetables frequently and baste with Oil at intervals.
This has been posted for the Braai, the Beloved Country 2011 BBQevent happening at this lovely space on Cook Sister